The following are highly recommended resources for making your Route 66 journey easier, quicker and most of all more fun. These resources are produced by seasoned people that have been involved with Route 66 for years not just in travelling it but preservation efforts, discovery mapping it, and providing historical research to every fan of the road. I have met or spoken with most of these personally and used these myself. Hope this helps you in some way and at any time use the contact form to reach out and I will get your answers. Mark
Click and you will be taken to their store.
Route 66 Spotlight Businesses
- Pack light and consider small bags to make checking into motels hassle free. Keep bigger bags in vehicle and transfer as needed.
- Acquire a cooler and stock with drinks and carry snacks you may not have these available at times.
- If you are from overseas consider power adapters, currency methods, passport as needed.
- Plan reasonably for daily activities however don't overplan expect to get hooked and stay longer at certain stops.
- Most motels have basics if needed including laundry facilities.
- Use gas pricing apps and motel apps if needed. Apps however don't typically list the iconic Route 66 motels though.
- Keep an eye on the weather as necessary this is a multi state journey and weather can vary widely.
- You will find that the Route 66 family is a very welcoming and helpful one. That want your journey not to be your last.